Hull number of our Centurion 32s

Hull number of our Centurion 32s

Étiqueté : 

6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)
  • Auteur
    Tom
    Participant

Looking at the list of registered Centurions, I see a lot of them do not know their hull number (1-380). On my boat the hull number (Nº 320) is clearly indicated on a small identification plate located in the saloon. Many Centurions have this id plate, but many other don’t. In the latter case, I suggest you look on the underside of floor plates and the back of wooden lockers. The carpenters used to mark with a pencil the number of the hull for which a particular piece of furniture was destined.
    As you might have read, I’m repairing my chainplates and for this I had to remove the little starboard toilet locker (which is easily unscrewed in a couple of minutes). As you can see on the photograph, on the back I found the (correct) carpenter’s marking.

Somewhere else I read the number should also be found printed near the end of the (blue) stripe on starboard side. Maybe someone can confirm this…

Tom

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    seb
    Maître des clés

Hello Tom
    It is a good advice, it can help certain owner.
    Thank you

ODeclav
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    When I bought my Centurion 32 Helios, I didn’t find any plate id nor the hull number on Helios. Only the 4 holes of the plate in the cockpit. Some months ago I saw the number 336 under a shelf and asked to David Merlot if it could be a tip for the carpenters to identify the shelf to the hull. He replied quickly as usual and confirmed that it could be the hull number.
    Unfortunately I didn’t find the number elsewhere so far.
    Olivier

Tom
    Participant

Hi Olivier,
    I’m pretty sure that is your hull number. Can you tell us which shelf the number is written on, so that other can check theirs?
    Tom.

Tom
    Participant

Another example of a carpenter’s pencil indication of the hull number on my boat: on the underside of the smaller floor board (the access hatch to the bilge, the one you probably have lifted hundreds of times…) is written:

320 à 322
    PLANCHER-DU-CARRÉ
    CENTURION

Sorry for the bad quality photograph.

Tom.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Justin Wood
    Participant

I found Mayfly’s number on the back of the locker unit in the heads compartment (starboard side). My Centurion also has a small builder’s plate in the cockpit but it was interesting to check that it was also on the back of the locker unit. Perhaps I will find it written on other parts of the boat!

6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.