MD2B

MD2B

Mots-clés : 

Ce sujet a 5 réponses, 3 participants et a été mis à jour par  DIAMBA, il y a 11 mois et 2 semaines.

6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)
  • Auteur

Pedro
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’m posting with this topic because I’m checking my MD2 engine, and I have some doubts about temperature values. After one hour running, despite of having at temperature gauge 60º C, with a laser thermometer, I verify that the front head I have 70º C and at the back head I check 80-85º C. Have you already check the temperatures of your engine heads temperatures?
    I change and fully repaired the water pump and the thermostat.

seb
    Admin bbPress

Good evening Pedro, me have just verified on the documentation workshop of volvo, the thermostat on a MD2B, opens to 60 ° and closes in 74 °. I can send you by e-mail technical doc (in French for this evening) by e-mail if you want.
    I did not make grip(taking) of temperature, but if it of big there differences, it can mean a poor circulation of the sea water in the engine block.
    Seb

fichiers attachés:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Pedro
    Participant

Hi Seb,

Thank you, I have that workshop manual. I will check the water circulation, by taking off and clean the exhaust manifold, the next weekend.

You can check my engine running at tbe following video. The temperatures were tanken after 30 minutes running.

DIAMBA
    Participant

Hello,

Question:
    – Have you checked your “thermosta”t it is not blocked?
    – Is that the motor has a correct “debit” ?
    – Is on the board needle heater exceeds the red line?

Your engine has a nice sound. If it is too hot and that your probe is good you have to see the needle heater too high.

A+ DIAMBA

fichiers attachés:

Pedro
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I’ve checked the thermostat and its opening, at 72 C. So I order a new one, that I didnt installed yet. The motor has a good debit, the water pump is new (impeller and cam) . The needle of the gauge reaches 70 C in one hour running. What intrigues me is the temperature difference between the heads of 10 C aprox.

fichiers attachés:

DIAMBA
    Participant

Hello Pedro,
    The difference in temperature may indicate a worry of poor circulation of cooling water at the cylinder heads.

Scaling problem ? ( “entartrage des culasses”) ?

@+Diamba

6 sujets de 1 à 6 (sur un total de 6)

Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.